Dissemination of views, information and knowledge without any cost or ado was made possible after blogging dawned upon us. Lets take a look at some of the burning topics, general discussion, innovations and techniques from our Editor’s desk
Sep 5 2012
PSD to HTML5 Frameworks for Mobile Web Applications
There has been a lot of buzz about the potentiality of HTML5 markup language, when combined with CSS3 to create beautiful and unbelievable web applications to run on mobile devices. The combination of both the technologies is said to offer an eye-catching experience for both web and mobile users. Today, most of the mobile web design experts believe that the new versions of HTML and CSS, HTML5 and CSS3 respectively are the future of the web designing industry.
Today even PSD to HTML conversion firms have begun adopting the possibilities of HTML5 and CSS3 to make way for new innovations. With PSD to HTML conversion services filling the fissures between back-end programming and graphic designing, the new opportunities to make a full-fledged website for desktops, tablets, smart phones, and net books has been widened. Hence, today most of the businesses have opted to develop HTML5 and CSS3 driven websites so that they can earn huge profits out of it.
It is believed that the new version of HTML5, which goes hand-in hand with CSS3, seeks to solve all the major issues related to the web, its older version wasn’t capable of. However supported by companies like Google and Apple, apart from all the major web browsers of the world HTML5 has emerged as the backbone of the designing industry in the recent years, simplifying the designing process, making it much perfect and accurate.
Features of HTML5 :
HTML5 and CSS3, the prime elements of a good and stunning mobile website design have been surrounded by a number of attractive and new features. Some of them are stated below:
- Inbuilt audio and video support with playback options: HTML5 comes with an in-built audio and video support allowing the users to upload and download an audio video clip easily without the need to install any third-party multimedia plug-ins to enjoy the audio or the watch the video. YouTube too has been experimenting to display HTML5 support videos to its users.
- Offline data caching: HTML5 allows the Web pages to duplicate and store larger files in forms of cookies locally on the users systems’ even when they are offline, just like the emails. It enables storing of more and more information in the form of small cookies. This element not only smoothens the user experience, but also boosts the availability of the application.
- Canvas element: This particular element, specifically designed for HTML5 makes designing a fun experience by enabling the web developers to manipulate images and graphics so that rendering of images becomes quicker and easier. It does away with the need to use intermediary technologies like saving time and effort of the developers.
- Geolocation: This attribute of HTML5 is helpful in identifying the locations using various geo-location technologies like: IP Addresses, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Technology, GPS, CDMA & GPS activated devices, RFID, etc.,bounded by privacy regulations, that one needs to activates. This feature will display the content relevant to that location where the user is physically present.
- Web Workers: This aspect of HTML5 will allow a web application to implement multifaceted tasks autonomously without any interference in the performance of a webpage.
Features of CSS3:
CSS3 is another factor that is to be taken into account while designing a dynamic web design. Some of its salient features are enumerated below:
- Implanting personalized fonts
- Use of multiple background images
- Use of Transparent page elements
- Shadowed boxes and texts
- Rounded corners for rectangular text boxes
Mobile devices like Google Android phones and tablets, iPads and iPhones from Apple, all uses HTML5 as its core web designing elements, which has turned it as one of the most sought after technology of the present and of the future as well.