Dissemination of views, information and knowledge without any cost or ado was made possible after blogging dawned upon us. Lets take a look at some of the burning topics, general discussion, innovations and techniques from our Editor’s desk
May 9 2012
THE NECESSITY OF MOBILE WEBSITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
With the technological advancements taking place each day the user trend too is changing. The latest trend that’s sweeping over almost each individual are the smartphones and mobile devices such as tabs. These portable devices with their cutting edge technology have made every provision to manage and organize work as well as entertainment. Apart from performing all the basic activities, the device has also taken to providing internet facilities so that one can easily browse the web and conduct his/her business from any corner of the world without being physically present in the location. With this unique and innovative device, one can also levitate the online presence of his/ her business by developing mobile compatible e-commerce sites. Thus, Mobile platform is trying to provide a widespread scope to your business.
According to a survey conducted in 2011, it was found that most of the consumers spend much time on their mobile devices than on their PCs. In such a scenario, a site designed to be viewed on a PC comes across as woefully lacking. It takes relatively longer to load, the size of the pages becomes pretty small, needs lot of zooming , etc. Apart from that, if your site runs on flash, it is not going to display on your mobile platform. At that point, your potential customer may start looking around after a bad mobile browsing experience. Hence, today most of the topnotch brands of the world are leveraging into the mobile platform to create a cohesive and fulfilling brand experience for their consumers, who stay connected throughout the day from any part of the world.
Leading IT software applications like Google and Magento have come up with unique initiatives like, GoMo and Magento Mobile respectively to help businesses go mobile. With these tools optimizing a site for mobile browsing or creating a mobile site is no more a big deal.
Magento Mobile by Magento
With the growing mobile commerce, there has been a noteworthy demand from merchants who want to mobilize their business. Although Magento has provided mobile web optimized themes, a majority of retailers want to engage their customers with the rich & personal features that only mobile applications provide. Hence, in 2010 the software Magento Mobile was launched to make mobile browsing experience seamless and amazingly easy. It enables the merchants to easily create branded, native storefront applications that are deeply integrated with Magento’s market-leading e-commerce platform. It allows the customers to shop online, mobile and socially through their networks. Some of its striking features are enumerated below:
- Seamless Storefront Integration: This function enables the users to bring the functional powerhouse of Magento e-commerce to your mobile website by integrating all the important catalog, checkout, inventory, reporting, etc of your e-store.
- Manage Multiple Devices: Installation of Magento mobile on your mobile device can effectively manage other multiple devices like iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Hassle Free Submissions: With a low monthly fee it manages the complexities of mobile applications allowing you to focus on running your business successfully.
- Fully Customizable: The software allows you to quickly update the colors and appearance of your app with the new Magento mobile admin, even after customers have downloaded your application. It also enables you to deploy new device-specific features and branded themes with just a few clicks.
- Engage Your Customers: If you want to build deeper relationships with your most profitable customers, smart phones are the way to do it. Magento mobile unlocks new opportunities that will scale your business to a new height.
- Low Cost of Ownership: Magento’s cost-efficient approach allows you to bring best-in-class mobile experience to your customers without the high price tag.
GoMo by Google
The businesses that should be optimized for mobile are those with a physical presence, like restaurants, clothing stores, or specialty food stores. The more optimized your business is for local search; the more likely you are to capture Smartphone walk-in customers. Thus, Google’s new GoMo tool ensures whether your business website is optimized for Smartphone users. The Gomo Meter tells you if your website is optimized for mobile devices. If not, it will give you a free, customized report on what you need to do
If your business website is e-commerce based, then it is always smart to get a mobile application developed for it, so that it gives you the competitive edge that you require to keep your customer intact to your virtual store instead of looking at your competition. For this, make the content visually appealing for limited screen viewing by using CSS in your coding. Reduce the image sizes and ensure fonts and content are simple enough to quickly scan and understand. Secondly, optimize your content and images by including the keywords found in your Google AdWords mobile search, and strategically sprinkle them throughout your pages. Thirdly, make a sub domain specifically for your mobile site. It acts as a key factor for search direction and indexing.
Thus, we have seen how the mobile technology has given consumers the power to directly connect from the palm of their hands.